Vinyl fences have gained immense popularity in recent years for its durability, ease of maintenance, and aesthetic appeal. With the multitude of options available in the market, choosing the right vinyl fence can be overwhelming. Whether you are looking for privacy, security, or simply an aesthetic upgrade for your property, there is a vinyl fence that fits your needs. Below, we delve into the top types of vinyl fences and their respective merits to help you make an informed decision.
Top Types of Vinyl Fences in NJ
1. Privacy Fences
- Solid Panels: Full-height panels offer complete privacy.
- Height Options: Typically ranging from 4 to 8 feet.
- Designs: Various styles like lattice-topped and scalloped edges are available.
- Residential properties looking for enhanced privacy.
- Homeowners interested in creating a secluded backyard or garden space.
- Privacy fences help to block visibility from neighbors and passersby.
- They also serve as noise barriers to some extent.
2. Semi-Privacy Fences
- Slatted Panels: Feature gaps between the slats, offering partial visibility.
- Airflow: Allows for better wind flow.
- Designs: Come in decorative styles like shadowbox and basket-weave patterns.
- Those wanting some level of privacy without feeling completely enclosed.
- Ideal for front yards or properties with a view.
- Semi-privacy fences offer a balance between privacy and visibility.
- They allow for better airflow, which is particularly useful in windy areas.
3. Picket Vinyl Fences
- Individual Slats: Vertical slats with gaps in between.
- Height: Usually around 3 to 4 feet.
- Designs: Options include traditional pointed pickets, dog-eared, and flat-topped.
- Classic homes looking for an aesthetically pleasing boundary.
- Front yards and gardens.
- Picket fences offer a traditional look, adding charm to your property.
- They allow for good visibility and interaction with neighbors.
4. Pool Vinyl Fences
- Mesh or Solid Panels: Designed to meet safety standards for pools.
- Latch Systems: Self-closing and self-latching gates for added safety.
- Height: Minimum height usually starts at 4 feet, as per many local codes.
- Properties with swimming pools.
- Ensuring child and pet safety.
- Complies with safety regulations for pool areas.
- Offers peace of mind, ensuring that children and pets can’t easily access the pool area.
5. Ranch or Post and Rail Fencing
- Horizontal Rails: Usually two to four rails connected to posts.
- Open Design: Allows for clear visibility and free movement.
- Height: Typically 3 to 5 feet.
- Farms, large properties, or as a decorative boundary for homes.
- Keeping livestock.
- Adds a rustic appeal to the property.
- Easy to install and offers unobstructed views of the landscape.
6. Ornamental Fencing
- Decorative Elements: Incorporates designs like lattices, arches, and scrolls.
- Height: Varies depending on the design.
- Customization: Wide range of design options.
- Homeowners looking for decorative borders.
- Complementing specific architectural styles.
- Offers aesthetic value and enhances curb appeal.
- Flexible in design, allowing for a unique and personalized look.
Vinyl fencing comes in a plethora of styles, fulfilling diverse needs from privacy to aesthetics. By understanding the features, benefits, and ideal applications of each type, you can make a more informed choice for your property. While all these options offer the key advantages of vinyl—durability and low maintenance—it’s the specific needs and aesthetics of your property that will determine the best type of vinyl fence for you.
Looking for a Wide Selection of Vinyl Fences in NJ?
If you’re looking for quality vinyl fencing in NJ, Direct Fence is here to take care of you. Our years of experience in the fence business have helped us create a fence installation process that is truly second-to-none. From small residential fences to large commercial fencing, we provide superior fence installation. We provide fence installation services in the area of new construction homes, existing homes, condominium/apartment complexes, commercial/office buildings and development/perimeters. We specialize in installing vinyl fencing, wood fencing, aluminum fencing, chain link fencing, and more! Our fence installations are done by seasoned professional contractors. We serve much of NJ including North Jersey, South Jersey, and the Jersey Shore areas, as well as Staten Island. New Jersey service counties include: Monmouth County, Essex County, Morris County Sussex County, Middlesex County, Union County, Warren County, Bergen County, Ocean County, Mercer County, Hunterdon County and more! For more information or to receive a free quote, give Direct Fence a call or fill out our contact form.